NZCCSS is committed to giving priority to the poor and vulnerable members of our society. We continue to work for the alleviation of poverty & exclusion.
Secure and affordable housing plays a vital role in protecting low income people from poverty, and provides the stability required for good health and strong community life.
The Council focuses on poverty & exclusion by:
- Documenting the hardship suffered by many low-income families
- Monitoring the impact of government housing policies on low income families
- Advocating for policies that will immediately reduce poverty with long-term effect
- Developing and advocating policies that will ensure appropriate and affordable housing for all New Zealanders
- Providing members with timely and relevant information on poverty & exclusion.
Read more about our work on inequality, poverty and housing.
Impacts of Poverty and Exclusion Policy Group members