Policy Watch: Budget 2020 Special

“This is the rainy day we have been preparing for – now we must weather the global storm” Hon Grant Robertson, Minister of Finance. Tēnā koutou and welcome to the NZCCSS Policy Watch Special on the Coalition Government’s 2020 Wellbeing Budget: Rebuilding Together.  The proverbial rainy day has arrived but not in a form anyone…

Policy Watch May 2020

COVID 19 – some light at the end of the tunnel “Thank you to all the social services and people supporting New Zealanders during the lockdown. Social services are critical to wellbeing, and helping vulnerable New Zealanders cope through this unprecedented time. You have stepped up to this challenge and are a vital part of…

Ministerial Briefing by NZCCSS – 20th March 2020

The New Zealand Council of Christian Social Services (NZCCSS) is the umbrella group for the Anglican, Baptist, Catholic, Methodist and Salvation Army church social services network 1.3 NZCCSS spoke to senior leadership at 14 NZCCSS social service organisations over 2 days, the 18th and 19th March 2020. These conversations focused on the organizational planning and…

Policy Watch Easter 2020

COVID-19 Lock down: week 2 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 Welcome to the latest Policy Watch e-newsletter highlighting the latest news, research and policy developments relevant to NZCCSS’ core mission to work for a just and…

COVID 19 – Information Update

There is a lot of COVID-19 information to keep up with. NZCCSS has put together links to key information and will endeavour to update this web page as new updates are released.  COVID 19 – Official Government Site Covid.govt.nz  for detailed information about alert levels, health issues, self-isolation and assistance available, and for public health…

Policy Watch April 2020

“So do not fear, I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” Isaiah 41:10 COVID-19 – Lock down: one week on Welcome to the latest Policy Watch e-highlighting the latest news, research and policy…

Policy Watch January 2020

“Above all things let us be kind. Kindness is what most resembles God” Suzanne Aubert Welcome to the latest Policy Watch e-highlighting the latest news, research and policy developments relevant to NZCCSS’ core mission to work for a just and compassionate society in Aotearoa New Zealand. Happy New Year and welcome to the Policy Watch…

Policy Watch November 2019

  “I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me”. Matthew 25:40 Welcome to the latest Policy Watch e-highlighting the latest news, research and policy developments relevant to NZCCSS’ core mission to work for a just and compassionate society in Aotearoa New Zealand. For this…

Policy Watch October 2019

Captain Cook has only ever been 25% of this story. The other 75% is the story of discovery and exploration that our ancestors made 500-700 years before Cook turned up. Master waka navigator Hoturoa Barclay-Kerr (Tainui) and co-chair of Tuia 250 Committee Welcome to the latest Policy Watch e-letter highlighting the latest news, research and…

Policy Watch July 2019

“When we begin to believe that there is greater joy in working with and for others, rather than just for ourselves, then our society will truly become a place of celebrations” Jean Vanier (1928 -2019), humanist, philosopher, theologian and advocate for humanity Welcome to the latest Policy Watch e-letter highlighting the latest news, research and…

How Best To Work Alongside Māori

Section 7AA of Oranga Tamariki Act – NZCCSS Hui Report In May Auckland social services provider VisionWest was the venue for a hui for NZCCSS members and other interested community social service organisations on how best to work alongside Iwi/Māori and to understand Section 7AA of Child Youth and Family (Oranga Tamariki) Legislation Act due…

Policy Watch Wellbeing Budget 2019 Special

  Wellbeing Budget 2019: How transformative is it? “The Wellbeing Budget is about a new approach to tackling New Zealand’s long-term challenges. It’s about a joined up government focused on building capabilities of our future generations”. Minister for Finance, Hon Grant Robertson Ki te kahore he whakakitenga ka ngaro te iwi – Without foresight or…

A Hopeful Start – Budget 2019

MEDIA RELEASE:   Thursday 30 May 2019 “We are encouraged by the 2019 Wellbeing Budget and see hopeful signs for the future if this beginning is more strongly built on in future Budgets”, said Trevor McGlinchey, Executive Officer, New Zealand Council of Christian Social Services (NZCCSS).  “The investment in our children, in addressing New Zealand’s mental…