There is a lot of COVID-19 information to keep up with. NZCCSS has put together links to key information and will endeavour to update this web page as new updates are released.
COVID 19 – Official Government Site
- Covid.govt.nz for detailed information about alert levels, health issues, self-isolation and assistance available, and for public health resources.
- Epidemic Response Committee – This committee was established on 25 March 2020 to consider and report to the House on matters relating to the Government’s management of the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Family violence and sexual violence – These services will remain available.
Ministry of Health
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or need to self-isolate, contact the Healthline team (for free) on 0800 358 5453 or +64 9 358 5453 for international SIMS. You can also call your GP if you are feeling unwel and are unsure if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Visit COVID-19 (novel coronavirus): health advice for the general public.
- COVID-19 personal protective equipment for essential workers.
- New rules for funerals and tangihanga.
Ministry of Work and Income
- Changes to benefit payments from 1 April 2020 – Jobseeker Support, Sole Parent Support, Supported Living Payment, Young Parent Payment, Youth Payment.
- COVID 19 Wage Subsidy A wage subsidy available to support employers affected by COVID-19.
Ministry of Social Welfare
- Civil Defence Emergency Management Group support for foodbanks
- Foodbanks, Food Rescue and Community Food Services are considered essential social services.
- Supporting providers through COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Community Awareness and Preparedness Grant Fund – Funding available to Community based groups providing essential community-led solutions to support local resilience and community wellbeing during the period of Covid-19 – Alert Level 4.
Ministry of Urban Housing and Development
- The Government is supporting New Zealanders to stay in their rental properties with a six month freeze on residential rent increases and increased protection from having their tenancies terminated.
Ministry of Business and Innovation
- Wage subsidy – Types of leave (COVID-19)
- Changing an employee’s working arrangements
- Worker is sick with COVID-19
- Guidelines for essential workers and essential businesses